Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Nursery

Every pregnant woman goes through it.......the NESTING STAGE!!! Yes, it almost strikes fear into the heart of men, but luckily I've got a guy who has lovingly shaken his head at me and then helped me the whole way. How could he not be excited about a Red Sox room? I am happy to say it actually went together pretty quickly. Tim and Casey spent a weekend painting and putting up the molding, then in went the new carpet, and pretty soon the furniture was in place. I can say with certainty that the most difficult and time consuming part was the beautiful crib set that my mom made. It was practically completed by the time of my shower, but of course I was waiting for all of the goodies that were yet to come. After the shower it looked like a tornado had passed through the room but thanks to that nesting instinct things were washed, sorted, and put in place to be used in 6 short weeks!!! The nursery is such a sweet little haven in our home. I enjoy spending quiet moments in there already, and I can't wait to have Connor here to enjoy it with. I don't think he has much of a choice of what team he's going to root for, and heaven forbid he favors soccer more than baseball! HAHA! We shall see what this little man has in store for us, I'm so excited!!

We were able to keep the full size bed in the room for guests, or for late night feedings!!


My Great-Grandmother's rocking chair was recovered for it's special new place in his nursery. Here you can see the Red Sox crib set as well.

Red Sox rocking chair, lamp, and shelf!! What a happy room!


33 weeks!!!!


We cannot wait to meet our little Connor. It has certainly been an interesting week in this household, and it just makes us look forward to his arrival even more. Doors close, and life moves on, and we know that the Lord is in control. We gain perspective in many different ways, and priorities are made clear. We are about to have a little boy that we will love and protect no matter what happens. It is a blessing to be married to Tim who is a constant strong hold, sounding board, and source of discernment. He is a man after God's own heart and I know he will set an amazing example for Connor. Connor will not be lacking for love and attention by any means, we already have an overflow of that in our lives and for that we give praise!! We're all ready for you Connor!





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your post today. So thoughtful and reflective. I see you got a little bookshelf. The pictures of the nursery really show all the angles and it looks so nice. The poster-sized pictures and the shelf look great. You two will make wonderful, loving parents and I am glad you are at peace with your priorities settled. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." We can't understand everything just trust the Lord and stay on that path that He is directing you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful! I'm sad I didn't get to see the crib set installed while I was home. I already feel like I miss Connor, being so far away. Does that make sense? Pat the belly for me!

    ReplyDelete