Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School Blues


It has happened.....school has started! The moment I dreaded all summer long has become a reality and I am back to work. I'm blaming the hormones for crying Sunday night just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond thankful to have a good job, but this has just been a terrific summer and I didn't want it to end. Waking up at my leisure, and taking as long as I need to get things done is such a luxury. Here we are not even through the first week and I'm completely exhausted. Do you think I can take a nap during my planning hour?


I do have many things to celebrate though. My incredible husband, who has been working very very hard these past 18 months, completed his Masters Degree in Business through Liberty University. His last day was Friday and he is now enjoying his new found freedom. Since his completion we have taken a Babymoon, he's played golf, and he's going hunting this weekend. Talk about a guy who's ready to get out and about!!! He deserves every minute of it, he's earned it. There are great things on the horizon and an MBA will only help him get there. What's great is he will be "walking" with Casey this coming May at LU. How special will that be? It's incredible how the Lord works things out.



As for the Babymoon, Tim and I had a fabulous weekend. With him finishing, and me about to begin school, he thought it was the perfect time to just get away one last time before Connor gets here. We stayed on the executive level at the Hilton in Naples and loved every indulgent minute of it. What could be better than great quality time together? We enjoyed hors d'oeuvres every evening at 5, and woke up to a delicious continental breakfast. Our big dinner out was to Shula's for amazing steaks. We had a gift card, and then once arriving at the hotel we received $10 off and then a coupon for free appetizers....um, we ate well!!! Connor enjoyed the filet mignon!! That'a boy! The hotel even offered a complimentary shuttle service to the beach where they provided for us beach chairs, towels, and a cooler with bottled water. We were in heaven!!! Now can you understand why Sunday night was so tragic? Back to reality.



One more highlight of being in the Ft. Myers area was meeting up with Grant and Renee. Renee is starting to really cultivate her passion for photography and suggested we do a little photo shoot. The four of us met up early Sunday morning, before it was too hot, and proceeded to have a great time. I remember more laughter than picture taking, but Renee continued to click away while we all enjoyed our time together. She captured some wonderful shots of Tim, the belly, and I and that's what's up at the top. I'm so blessed to have such great artistic documentation of this period in my life. Contact her if you're on the West Coast!



Another exciting moment from this weekend was the birth of baby Nathaniel Rainer!! You know, this is going to be one of Connor's very best friends. Sarah had her baby early Saturday morning and I just couldn't wait to meet this handsome little guy. Tim and I got to visit with the Rainer's Tuesday night and I was in awe of how precious Nathaniel is. It was a special moment to hold Nathaniel resting on my belly, and feel Connor moving around beneath him. When Nathaniel would twitch or move, Connor would do a similar twitch in response. It was a little surreal, and of course it meant they already like each other! haha! What a beautiful loving family they make. Tim and I are lucky to have them as friends!



So, it's back to school, back to the grind, back to the middle schoolers. I'm sure I can handle it just with a little more exhaustion than usual. I do have more classes, filled with more students, this year, but I know I will survive. I just keep telling myself "7 more weeks, you can do it".

No comments:

Post a Comment