Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Making a List....Checking it Twice

I am in the final stretch, I can see that the "beginning" is near!

This week I packed my hospital bag! Yes, I put in all of the little things I might need and I feel like I'm missing items. Mind you, before I packed my bag I did a little research and printed out recommended items and tried to include everything that pertained to me. I feel a little shopping trip coming on just to make sure...

Another item checked off the list was the installation of the baby seat! I have the base and seat in my car and we installed the base in Tim's car. It's so surreal to see it peeking up above the window when I get in my car.

Last night Tim and I took a tour of the maternity areas of our Hospital. We are fully aware of where we will need to go given any situation, whether I go in early or if I walk in on Oct. 10. Evidently there is only one private room (post-labor) at our hospital and you can bet I'm going to see if it's available when my time comes. It's on a first come first served basis, and no one can reserve it. Fingers crossed!!

I had a doctor's appt today and here are the stats:

Dilation: 1 Cent
Effacement: 50% (no change)
Also, I gained no weight since last week....woop woop!

Yesterday was a miserable day at our school because we spent most of the day with no AC. Talk about over heating. I could tell by the time I got home that I was suffering from heat exhaustion and I did my best to take it easy. I was nauseous, I had a splitting headache, and I was beyond tired. The scariest part was that Connor wasn't moving as much as he normally does. His kick-count was definitely down, and remained so even today. I still haven't felt quite like myself since yesterday and relayed the information to the doctor. Of course she was concerned and low and behold I ended up in triage at the hospital this evening. I was there for about 2 hours hooked up to machines and having sonograms done. The outcome is that Connor looks and sounds healthy, his movement came back up to normal and his heartbeat is nice and strong. Another bit of interesting information is that I am having contractions every 3-4 minutes.....yes ladies and gentlemen that is more often than normal! They say to come in if they are every 5!! Granted, they are Braxton Hicks, but even so they say you still have to monitor those. Over the past week my contractions have really been regular, and very annoying and uncomfortable, but evidently not the right kind of uncomfortable. They said I will know when it's different. I should still keep track of these and if they become even more frequent to come in. I still can't believe how fast this is all progressing! I'm putting myself on bedrest! Crazy, frequent, uncomfortable, tight contractions do not make for a fun evening out! Resting sounds like bliss!

See you soon Connor!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for u guys!! It's so close!! My experience with Braxton hicks was that I was dehydrated. So drink lots and lots of water that may help a bit. And believe me u will definitely know when they switch to active labor!! I was always afraid I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but no worries there! :0) ps labor wasnt bad for me at all! Praying it goes super smooth for you as well! <3 Torrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you both. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete