Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Like Tim

So, as Connor's arrival is growing ever closer, and our preparations for his arrival have gone into overtime, I am wondering more and more what this little guy is going to be like. I wonder what he is going to look like, what he is going to act like...is he going to be more into sports like me, or the arts like his mommy. Obviously I hope he is as into sports as I, so we may share that together. However, if my little boy grows up excelling in some sort of arts, I will support him in that venture as well. Of course, if that is the case, I feel sorry for him because at least until he is old enough to tell me, sports is the way we are going to go. As I write this, I am sitting on the couch watching the Dolphins play the Bills. Last night, I got to watch Liberty football beat Ball State. The entire time I sit here watching, I can't help but think that in a few short weeks, I will be able to sit here with Connor in my arms enjoying some football with my son. Sadly, it appears that this will not be the year that the Red Sox return to the World Series (which of course I cheer for every year but even more this year with Connor's arrival), but that is OK. I am already planning my Father-Son trip to Boston to catch a game at Fenway. I agree with Brad Paisley in his song "Anything Like Me" (which you can read below), no matter what my little buddy turns out to be like, this is going to be an adventure, one that I am more than willing to forge!




I remember sayin' I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm ok
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said "Ya see that thing right there well you know what that means"
And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me

He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street
He's gonna get in trouble oh he's gonna get in fights
Im gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that, I'm gonna get my payback, if he's anything like me

I can see him right now, knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass tryin to melt the Tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on
That'll be his first love til his first love comes along
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skippin class and be grounded for a week
He's gonna get in trouble we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that, I'm gonna get my payback, if he's anything like me

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day
He's gonna hug his momma he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he can't wait to leave
But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out
If he's anything like me,
There's worse folks to be like,
Aw he'll be alright if he's anything like me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCLz2H6g6sg&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! I have tears in my eyes again. I had never heard this song but it is great! I can totally sense your anticipation and I know that you will be a great dad. If Connor is anything like you, he will be a terific kid.

    ReplyDelete