Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sonogram


(look right between the two + signs....that's Dot!)



…”er, uh wow!” That was all I could force up my vocal cords and out of my mouth when the doctor told us. I was honestly speechless. I was in shock, happy shock of course, but shock none-the-less. That was two weeks ago. Since then, it has begun to sink in and the joy that I feel building up inside me is indescribable.



This morning, we experienced a moment that resulted in a very similar reaction. For the first time, we got to see our little dot. It was surreal. I sat there, staring at a tv screen, watching as the ultrasound technician located and focused in on our little one. “Oh that’s perfect” the doctor tells us. Evidently, dot is perfectly centered, and looking great. The technician then showed us pictures out of a book she had that was the same thing we had been looking at, only she told us that ours looked better than even those pictures.



I will admit, as a first time dad, my emotions are all over the spectrum. I get sudden panic attacks where I wonder if I can do this. I wonder if I have what it takes to be a great dad. Then other times, I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself. Then other times, I am total disbelief that this is actually happening. I am truly blessed to be in this situation and I am looking forward to what is in store. I pray everyday for my baby and my beautiful wife. Well, I guess that all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment