Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What's in a name?

Week 5....... the size of a grain of rice. Last week we were told the little thing growing inside of me was the size of the period at the end of this sentence. At that point we started calling the baby "Dot". This week is a whole new story. A grain of rice is totally different. Dot is growing very quickly! PEOPLE, organs are being formed. I just can't get over it. I feel like I'm already growing. I can actually say that today was my first "I feel fat" day. Everything still fits fine, it's just a weird bloated feeling, can you imagine....it only get worse...haha! I can't wait!

I have now gone two whole days without a drop of caffeine hitting my lips......I've been weaning myself off. The headaches have been terrible. I keep telling myself that the waterbottle I have glued to my hand is really an ice cold Diet Coke....mmmmmmm. I'm also incorporating more food into my diet, which is good. The average amount a pregnant woman is supposed to incorporate is about 300 calories more a day. But don't worry, you really get hungry! Peanut Butter and Jelly really hits the spot at lunch time.

It is starting to dawn on us how far away March 12 is. For those of you who don't know, that's when Casey will be coming home on Spring Break. And what I mean by those of you who don't know, well, that's everyone. Since we're not telling anyone yet, I'm also not giving out the address for this blog. I just feel like I need to write about these first few weeks, just to be able to document the raw emotion, the excitement as it hits us, the anticipation for each new week. Now getting back to March 12, that's weeks away! We are keeping this secret a while longer. I feel like it's better to wait anyway, just in case. The first few weeks are a little scary. It's really better to wait, just super hard (can you hear me talking myself into it?). One thing I know for sure....I have self control. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment