Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Official!!!

I can honestly say that Tim and I both had a little bit of trouble sleeping last night. I'm sure the fact that within hours we were waking up to a very important doctors visit was the culprit of our unrest. We got up with our alarms and each got ready with a nervous silence surrounding both of us. We just so happened to be the first patients of the day and I went straight back to give blood and have a sonogram. We have a wonderful doctor, who specializes in PCOS, and he was joking around with us the entire visit. He seemed to think we cheated and tested at home, but I told him we hadn't and that he needed to tell us....quickly. He looked over at the sonogram technician and they both confirmed that we were going to be expecting a new little addition to our family. Tim was speechless, I was beaming....I think it may be the one time in our lives that neither of us had anything to say.

As I sit here, I think it's all still sinking in. At this time we are both going to keep this wonderful news to ourselves for a while. What a great little secret to keep! We did add one more secret-keeper on to the list. Since mom has been a part of each step of the process (a relatively short process, but still a process) Tim and I came up with a fun way to tell her the news. She was helping out at an event at school (that I was supposed to be at) so Tim and I both headed to my school together. I left Tim in my classroom and I went to find her. She knew I had been at my appointment but I told her I didn't want to give her any details until I could talk to her privately. The library was not my ideal place to share the information. She automatically thought it was bad news. We walked back to my room and inside was Tim (surprise surprise) holding up a cute little onesie that says "What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's". She was completely floored and tears and hugs were immediate.

This is really happening! 2010 is really going to be a big year. We are so excited. It's amazing to know so early, but that way we can monitor everything a lot closer. So far I can't tell that anything is different with me (slightly anticlimatic). I'm not nauseated, but I am extremely exhausted and my lower back hurts a little more than usual. The one thing I think I'm going to miss the most is my ever faithful Diet Coke!!! I'm not sure if it's even possible to crave things yet, but I have wanted chicken fingers all day long. That was satisfied by my wonderful husband picking up Smokey Bones to-go on his way home from work! It was a little celebratory meal. (I wonder what else I can ask for?)

This is what I know.... The Lord is unfailing in His promises, and Tim and I are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment