Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Singing, Clapping, and Getting Stronger!


This little boy never ceases to amaze me! They told us once we hit the 6 month mark, milestones would happen at a quicker rate. Boy were they right! Sitting is not a problem...once in a while we tip to one side but rarely. Within this past week Connor has become much more vocal. He loves to make himself known, and will gladly join in and sing along to whatever song we are singing. He is very serious in mastering this new feat, and tries his best to match pitch. I'm not sure who is more excited with this new game, I think it may be me! American Idol season 27? I included a video of this fun new activity. I hope it brings a smile to your face! Connor has also mastered clapping. I know, it sounds like no big deal but it just melts your heart to watch him do it. His tiny hands make the softest clap in an unpredictable rhythm. Ugh, it's wonderful!

Since my last post we have moved from green beans and carrots, to sweet potatoes and squash. Sweet Potatoes went really well and he enjoyed them. Squash on the other hand might take a little longer to get used to. He literally gagged trying to swallow it down. Poor thing, the little trooper would still open his mouth to take the next spoonful, but would suffer through trying to swallow it. It was slightly comical.. is it bad a few chuckles may have escaped from Tim and I? I didn't make him eat the whole serving, but we will try it again tomorrow. I even tried to hide the squash in his oats.....oh he knew it was there. There is no fooling him. Remember, Doogie Howser.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of his top teeth. Teething leads to sleepless nights and clingy baby. My sweet boy likes to be close to mommy, and will just snuggle himself up against my neck. Imagine the softest peach fuzz nuzzling into you shoulder and resting gently into the crook of your neck. mmmmmm heaven!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I got to see him clapping Sunday! He's cool. He can clap for whales in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete