Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Monday, April 4, 2011

If the end is right; It justifies the Beans!!

We tried real food last night. Not just oats but substance. We're talking the thing strong men are made of.....GREEN BEANS! I wanted to start him on veggies because I have a huge sweet tooth and I didn't want to get him hooked on fruits first. Above is his first bite. He's thinking, "Surely this has to taste better if I'm going to take another bite". Thankfully he did take another bite, and another and finished about half of the container. I should have started with the green beans and not the oats cereal, but now I'll know. This kid likes food, and for that I'm thankful. Hopefully he doesn't develop my weird quirks about food touching or Tim's texture thing. I want him to always be willing to try new things! That's what life is made of!

Connor had his 6 month GI appointment today, and will have his 6 month Well-Baby appointment next week. As of today he weighed a whopping 17 lbs and 6 oz! He was also 26 inches long! He is certainly an armload and so very precious. His personality is showing more and more, and the new faces he is making keep Tim and I entertained for hours. We're going through a little bit of the separation anxiety stage, and he certainly favors Me, Tim, or Grandma G over others, but we take it one day at a time. After his amazing night of sleep last week things went downhill, but we had a pretty good night last night. I'll take one night a week.....it's better than nothing at all!
We love to go outside on the weekends. We'll set up an umbrella and soak up the sunshine and fresh air. Connor loves looking at everything and thinks grass is very cool. He'll move back the towel until he can touch it. Soon we'll get in the pool and have some fun pool time! Until then we'll have fun splashing in his tub. It's inflatable and sits right inside the big tub, he tries to eat the cartoon fish on the sides. What a goober!

1 comment: