Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."



What a special poignant night it was for our family. I'll tell you now, I cried. When Pastor Thompson started to pray for the future of our little boy the water works started. My sweet baby; my love for him consumes my heart. Tim and I pray over him as we put him into his crib every night, it is part of our bedtime routine. We pray for everything, for the present and for what is to come. Most importantly we pray that Connor will come to know the Lord and follow His ways. I am so overwhelmed.


Here's daddy's perspective:

To this date, the proudest moment of my life has been the day that my little buddy came into this world. I am sure that will always be tops, but I know that the day Connor decides to dedicate his life to Jesus will be a close second. Kristin and I pray for Connor everynight when we lay him in his crib and that is one of the most special moments of my day. The service last night was the first step in raising our little guy in a manner pleasing to God. As we stood there in front of our Pastors, our family and our friends, we made a commitment to Connor and God that we will always put an emphasis and focus on Jesus. Although he is only 6 months old, I already pray that he will come to know and understand what Jesus did on the cross so many years ago. I thank God everyday for Connor and will continue to pray, everyday, that the Lord will give me the strength and wisdom to lead him in a way that glorifies Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment