Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

AWK8 Baby Shower

Today I was thrown a beautiful baby shower at my school, Aventura Waterways K-8 Center. It was a sweet assortment of faculty who was able to make it, sans complicated parent conferences and other meetings that were scheduled at the same time. I was so thrilled that Tim, Mom, and Kaitlyn were able to be there as well! The social committee set up the cake and drinks in the library and I felt so lucky because mom and Laura Parente-Comsa made it even more special by adding little personal touches, like baseball cupcakes!! The gifts were wonderful and now I'm sitting here looking around my livingroom hoping I can get all of the gifts in order and in place within the next few days. The excitement expressed by my wonderful colleagues really touches my heart, and creates such a family feeling. For those who I work with that read this, thank you so much for the outpouring of kindness shown to us today!

Tim and I with our cake!

Opening the SURPRISE gift from mom. A new Rebel TI SLR Camera! I was floored!

With the fabulous L!

In other news Tim and I had a little art project this evening. I figured that I probably won't ever again be 9 months pregnant in October and thought it would be fun to create a Connor o'Lantern. Here is how it turned out. We had so much fun trying to put it together, Tim was a fabulous painter!
Yes, we have fun in this house!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pumpkin!! It turned out great, much better than paper mache'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are fantastic! But I miss being there so badly. Sunday is only (;;counts "one, two...") FOUR days away! And Monday is just the day after that! I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and pictures. It really was a nice shower. So glad I was able to be there. Yes we missed you Casey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin,
    I've been following your blog since I logged off of facebook and I'm so excited you are days away from Connor!! : ) YAY!!! Give me your email address so I can send you updates of Connor's future girl friend, Heidi!! HAHA!! : )
    love you and praying for a great delivery
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe look Conner is a Pumpkin for Halloween. :)
    He will be a joyous addition to your house.

    Love ya,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete