Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Showered With Love

"Children are one third of our population and all of our future. "

This past weekend was a momentous occasion in my life. Many of the dearest women in my life came together for a beautiful brunch and showered little Connor with many gifts and blessings. The Baby Shower that my mom spearheaded surpassed my wildest expectations. I'm truly touched by the way my friends came together and each had a special part of this sweet day. I know that my mom lost many hours of sleep over this amazing event, and I will never be able to thank her enough. Even Casey and Tim were there to lend a hand. I saw in an instant the payoff of months of planning, and I was immediately humbled by the experience. From the table settings that were decorated with the prettiest centerpieces and the most beautiful China, to the amazing spread of food that was so lovingly prepared, each corner of the room was filled with a special touch. I am still moved by how wonderful it all was.

It was amazing the outpouring of generosity that came in the form of gifts for little Connor. As each person came the pile of beautifully wrapped presents grew. After a touching Devotional time it was time to eat. There was enough food for double the amount of guests, and we are still eating all of the goodies. It was very quickly time to open presents and that was a great endeavor. Connor received so many wonderful things that I can't wait to use and dress him in. The presents ranged from things for the nursery to adorable little outfits. Many items were related to the Red Sox nusery theme, and Tim was beyond thrilled when he saw them all. Some things were lovingly made for Connor like blankets, layette's, and my mom even quilted his entire crib bedding. These are such special things that he will have for the rest of his life. Anecdotally there were no bottles in the bunch of goodies. Not to worry we are set with everything else we could possibly want and need, and then some.

Tim and I are beyond grateful to the outpouring of love and generosity that was shown on Saturday for our little boy. We are so excited to bring Connor home, and have him meet all of these special people we have in our lives. He is so lucky to be so surrounded by love and support.

A picture of one of the centerpieces and the beautiful cups and saucers that were at each place setting.

The super yummy spread!!

Mom, Kaitlyn, and I (here I'm 30 weeks) with some of the gifts.

With one of the very special Red Sox gifts, this one sent by Aunt Carol.

The quilt that mom made that goes with the entirely hand made crib set. Very special!

Some of the special ladies that were at the shower.


The back of our car. No it didn't all fit, yes I'm still sorting through it all, and yes the thank you cards are done!!!
What an amazing Baby Shower it was. I am so lucky I sometimes have to pinch myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment