Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day Dream Believer

I had a dream last night, the baby had arrived. The dream was vivid. It was real. So real, that I actually felt myself being depressed when I woke up this morning and reality sank in. I can honestly say that I am getting more and more excited by the day to get to meet this amazing life form that is growing inside my beautiful wife’s belly. The interesting thing about this dream, though, is that despite it being real, and despite the vivid memory of holding the little one, we never gave it a name, nor do I remember even finding out if it was a boy or a girl. This intrigues me. Although, I must say that I am not surprised because that seems to be the question of the century.

Now that the word is out that Kristin and I are expecting, everyone keeps asking me the same 2 questions…1) Do you know if it is a boy or a girl? and 2) Do you have a preference? Well, the answer is always the same. 1) No, and 2) Yes! I won’t give the cliché answer of “I just want a healthy baby” (does anyone ever really want a non-healthy baby?). I have thought about this long and hard and although my opinion changed often prior to Kristin getting pregnant, since the moment we found out I have longed for a baby girl. Don’t get me wrong, I do want a boy eventually, but if I could pick this first one, I would pick a girl. I am not sure why that is. I don’t have any sisters and really know nothing about taking care of a little girl, but I find myself letting my mind wonder to what it is going to be like to look into my little girls eyes and be totally captivated. To be able to set the example of what she should look for in a husband and to protect her until she finds that man (and yes, he is going to have to be one heck of a guy to take my little girl away from me.)

So, in all actuality, I don’t really care because no matter what we have, that baby is going to be loved. I look forward to the day I get to hold him or her in my arms and I know without a doubt that it will be infinitely better that any dream I can possibly have!


4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post, tim! so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was secretly rooting for a girl too. How neat! No matter which he/she will surely be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been thankful my older sis met a great guy who will soon become a great dad. And I'm also on board with the hope of a girl. That way, when you have a boy, he'll have a fun, cool big sis to look out for him, like I had.
    Nice post, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a girl, I'll give you the "expect this in 7 months" talk - every so often.

    I am so excited for you guys. Again, this time will FLY!!! Enjoy each other and that magical moment when he/she is born. The way you look at Kristin will blow you away!!!

    ReplyDelete