Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Friday, June 24, 2016

What's In a Name

 I give you Miss Kinzey Grace Petersen. By far the hardest child to name for us. The boys came easy. Daddy right away came up with Connor Jacob all on his own, and I loved it. Caleb Guise was easy as well wanting something to honor my family, but also having a C name to begin. With our princess though, we debated up until about 2 weeks ago. Connor on the other hand....knew all along.

January 1 we came home from our gender reveal sonogram and upon finding out we were having a girl we asked our Connor-boy what we should name her:

Connor: "We should name her Lindsey."
Me: "Connor, that's a really nice name, but we already have someone in our family named Lindsey, plus we are looking for a name that starts with K."
Connor: "Ok, Kinzey!"

To which Tim and I went....hmmmmm. How unique. I wonder what it means.......
Ok then! I may love that!! The story of our sweet girl truly is one pointing straight back to the King of Kings and it couldn't be more special of a meaning. 

But we weren't sold. Though Connor would only speak to my belly by calling her Kinzey we still ruminated between 3 names. Kinzey, Kiley, and in third Kendall. We finally narrowed it down to Kinzey and Kiley (meaning Beautiful) and Tim decided to flip a coin. Of course in our little TBall player's mind that's law, and of course Kinzey won. Connor was happy as a clam, but we still weren't sure. I have to say listening to Connor say "goodnight baby Kinzey" to my belly every night blessed my heart tremendously. 

A few weeks ago I noticed a friend on facebook had a little girl named Kinzie and I was thrilled! How had I not noticed that before? They happen to be Egyptian, and my sweet friend informed me that in Arabic Kinzie means "my treasure". I did more research and more specifically "it comes from the Arabic word, 'Kinz' meaning 'hidden treasure'". Considering what a surprise Miss Kinzey was in our lives I was SOLD! 

Connor spoke it into being, and I feel it was not by accident. 

Now onto a middle name, again it was not immediate. We actually finally decided the last day we were in the hospital and had to turn in the paperwork for her birth certificate. 

Kinzey Grace Petersen OR Kinzey Anne Petersen

Grace is a family name, after my Great Grandma Grace who was so wonderful and special. It is also who Aunt Kaitlyn Grace is named after. Anne would be in honor of Daddy, whose middle name is Andrew. Anne also meaning Grace.

Ultimately Grace just suited her better, and Daddy made the clutch decision because Mommy couldn't make the call. 

So there we have it. Our Baby K -  Little Miss - is our very own Kinzey Grace. 

(Though Daddy likes to call her Scout.)



1 comment: