Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Monday, December 20, 2010

In a Daze for the Holidays!

No ladies and gentlemen I have not wrapped a single present and Christmas is on Saturday. It's been a little bit of a whirlwind this Christmas Season and I think I'm doing well just having purchased presents for loved ones. My mom and I now see the wisdom in the gift bags my Grandma Harriet always gives us presents in. I wonder if everyone will be ok with Baby Boy Shower Gift Bags as opposed to Christmas Gift Bags. Maybe, just maybe, I will get around to wrapping.

Connor ended up playing Baby Jesus 3 times in the Pageant, and of course we took pictures and video each time. It was amazing to watch, and for the sweet family members who were able to make it to see him, it made it even more special. Of course mom, Kaitlyn and Leo were there, but Grandma and Grandpa Guise made a special trip and that was wonderful. It blessed me to see him, and I know others felt the same way. This picture is of him backstage before being put in swaddling clothes. Talk about a great mindset.


Here is such an adorable picture of him being raised up by the actor playing Joseph. It is such a touching and poignant part of Connor's time on stage. Think Simba in the Lion King.

On of the biggest events of our Christmas Season was my cousin Lindsey's wedding this past Saturday in Morganton, NC. A 12 hour drive both ways with a 2 month old that has reflux was a little difficult, but I was amazed at how well he did. Our drive up was filled with anticipation of seeing our loved ones, and for Connor to meet everyone. Here he is with Aunt Merilee and my cousins Megan and Lindsey.
The wedding was beautiful, and having the sparkling Christmas decorations up made it all the more dreamy and romantic. The church looked enchanting with it's Christmas splendor and it was the perfect backdrop for a gorgeous bride. I absolutely love this picture that I took after the wedding was over.
Here is my little stud in his outfit for the wedding. Of course he had to look nice, he is my son afterall! He was very well behaved for the ceremony, and Grandma Glenda only had to walk around in the back with him a little bit to keep him happy. I was busy singing for the ceremony, but my eyes were on them the whole time.
Here is Connor during one of our breaks on the drive up. He's such a sweet boy. Thank you miracle medicine erythromycin.
The whole East Coast has been getting a ton of cold weather and, aside from South Florida, snow. We couldn't wait to see our first batch, and we were really hoping the snowflakes would fall while we were there. To Tim's relief no such luck. There were little bits held over in shady spots from the last snow fall, and I got a picture with Connor and the snow.
Poor little South Florida boy bundled up for the chilly weather. We did pick up a little snow suit for him for when we go to Disney World next week! Not sure we will need it, but better safe than a cold baby.
Here he is on our trip back to Florida. He has found his hands and is playing with things within his grasp. This is a new development, and I think it's adorable. He's all smiles because he's going home to his daddy! I'm excited to spend our first Christmas as our new little family. I'm sure I won't remember much of it because I'm exhausted, but I will make the best of it. My goal is to have my Christmas cards in the mail tomorrow, and also start my wrapping. Cross your fingers, maybe we will even do some of our annual baking this week too. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and I love all of the pictures!!What about the beautiful picture of you and Connor in front of the tree at the reception? Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! hilarious him with the snow...

    ReplyDelete