Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, January 10, 2015

This is Thirty




New Year, new decade, new mom (ish). 

It's a lot of new right now. New perspectives for sure. I don't feel like I'm thirty. Thirty seems much more mature, refined, a "got life figured out" age. I still get birthday checks from my sweet aunts and grandparents. I can see that my priorities are more focused but the struggle is figuring out how to make them happen. I want this decade to be more about "my people" and less of those who aren't. I've got two priceless boys who will only be this age right now; they are what this decade will be about. I look back on my twenties with pleasure, but not longing. 

In the past decade I've been humbled by loss, wizened by fourberie, and redeemed by blessings and grace. I can only imagine what this new decade will hold. Onward and upward I say!

I see my thirties as holding so much potential, so much adventure. Following the Lord's call on our lives and finding the path we were meant for. I may even figure out how to keep a tidy house, but with two boys I doubt it.  I'm so blessed by a tight knit family, and friends that know how to encourage and uplift even from miles away. That also means I need to get better at posting mail. (New decade, new resolutions?) They made turning 30 so wonderful! A surprise party, and then days of sweet wishes, and Tim even brought David Yurman into the mix.

My thirties are going to be based on priorities. I'm gently being reminded of this while Caleb sits next to be me, smiling and cooing, trying to get me to come and play with him. I just put Connor down for a nap and now have a moment to sit with my perspective. I went back to work this week, and yet I still have an itch for something more, something different. I feel a tug. I don't know what it means or where it leads but I know

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I have a Christmas tree to un-don and halls to un-deck, but I also have a sweet baby who wants me right now, so that's where I'll be.






No comments:

Post a Comment