Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring-ish Things


April 15th I hit the 12 week mark. I was happily able to have my first doctor's appointment with the Dr that will be delivering baby ice skating. Sadly they did not do any sonograms, so I will greatly accept one at my next appointment in May. That seems forever away. I don't have much to show in the way of a bump but I think even since this picture my body has changed. People who didn't know at work are starting to guess, and yet I can walk past others and they have no clue. It's all very interesting. No bump but trying to find the clothes to wear in the morning is difficult because my old clothes don't fit and maternity clothes are too big. I'm just happy that I'm able to get to school somewhat presentable. 



A few weeks ago Connor and Daddy went backyard camping complete with s'moreos and tent. They had so much fun and Connor is still talking about it. He keeps asking to do it again. It was cut a little short when at 3:40am it started to rain cats and dogs and everyone went scurrying to get to higher ground. I remember bolting out of my nice comfy bed to help Tim get Connor inside with all the rest of the things that shouldn't/couldn't get wet that were inside the tent. I think this fun activity will happen again real soon!


 Easter weekend we decided to take a spur of the moment, why not, trip to Disney. We took off Friday morning, had lunch in Orlando, and made it to Magic Kingdom right after. It was so much fun because Aunt Heather met us there too. It was so sweet because Connor wanted to ride many rides with just her. We did get a huge rainstorm and just to our delight the park became a ghost town once the rain settled. We were able to walk on every ride after. It was a blast. We even convinced a very reluctant Connor to try another big boy ride, Splash Mountain. He wasn't sure at first, but I walked him through every dip, and then on the big drop we got to the bottom just as the fireworks started to boom over head. It was a magic moment and Connor loved it! He was hooting and hollering and high-fiving everyone because of how much he liked it. The picture during the big drop is classic, of course we bought it, and when asking him if he wanted to go on it again he said "no", but the point is he did it!!! And it was great!!






Saturday morning we booked reservations at Ohana for breakfast. This was a first for us, but we now know it is only just the beginning. It was AMAZING! To begin, I am obsessed with their dinner. I love all of it. The food is delicious. Now as far as the breakfast....just as good. We couldn't finish all of the delicious food, the sausage was by far my favorite, and Connor ate an entire Mickey Waffle. It was a win win for everyone, and getting to see the characters first thing is just a bonus. We headed to Animal Kingdom after that where Daddy and Connor did the safari twice, and then over to Hollywood Studios and home. I was a little toast to say the least.




Easter Sunday was a beautiful day. Tim and I worked in Club 252 for both services so we didn't dress up this year, but that didn't mean I forgot my buddy. I loved his little gingham JCrew shirt I found and bow tie. It seemed like the perfect Resurrection Celebration ensemble. We went to Grandma's for a delicious lunch, found eggs in the backyard, and dyed eggs. I'm not sure what Connor liked the best, but he definitely won the egg hunt, even surprising all of us by climbing the tree to retrieve eggs he could see. He found 40 total, and of course made the most money.

My favorite part of the day was nap time. I was exhausted from our trip and felt awful. Monday I ended up with a migraine, Tuesday found me vomiting with all day sickness, and a nice sinus cold crept in Wednesday that I still haven't been able to shake. It's been a tough week, but it makes the looming summer vacation even more tantalizing. Tim has been so wonderful coming up with great recipes and making dinner every night. I really don't know what I would do without him. He knows exactly when I have reached my limit and is so kind in letting me rest. Even when I feel terrible I still feel lucky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment