Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Heartbeat away


March 10, 2014
Connor is now lovingly referring to his new sibling as Baby Iceskating. I think the Olympics really had an impact on him. This past Thursday I had my weekly appointment and this time Grandma Glenda was able to be there. Aside from the perfect looking engagement ring we saw on the monitor we also got to see the baby's heartbeat. It was amazing to see the beautiful fluttering dot that was crystal clear on the screen. They gave me the official due date of October 28, which just so happens to be Great Grandma Harriet's birthday. I find that so special, and also so close to Grandpa Gary's birthday. What a precious little gift this baby is already.

I am extremely exhausted (all the time!!!) and I'm having trouble keeping everything organized. Two days from now is opening night of Into the Woods Jr. and I'm not sure I'm going to survive all of this stress. I'm missing meals, I'm not hydrating enough, and my sole focus is this show. I really wish I could slow down and enjoy this new part of my life, but I can't see past the next week. My heart starts to beat fast just thinking about it.

I've been craving all sorts of crazy things, and I'm hungry for everything I smell. I made Tim go out the other night to get slim jims....really? Yuck! I'm wanting sushi all the time, but don't worry all cooked. The hardest part is cutting back on the caffeine but after last time I'm not going to do it cold turkey, and the neurologist even said that one can of soda a day won't hurt anything.

I praise the Lord constantly that He has allowed this to happen, I just can't wait to finally enjoy it. We did get a special book for Connor about being a big brother, and it couldn't be more perfect. I think he's going to be a great big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment