Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 Month Old Daddy

Three months old. Has it really been three months since the most amazing moment of my life? Have I really been a dad for three months? I spent much of 2010 running the gamut of emotions wondering how life was going change once our little man got here and after three months, despite some rough moments, I wouldn’t want it to be any different.

Through this rollercoaster that has been the last three months, I have learned a lot. For instance, a good night's sleep has not visited me in some time, but somehow I manage to function. Also, when you get used to waking up at 2am and sleeping with the closet light on and a white noise machine, you find that all of a sudden you can’t sleep when those things are not present. Most importantly however, I have learned that no matter how bad/hard/junky, [insert adjective here] day you have, coming home a seeing your son smile at you when you walk through the door instantly makes it all worth it.

I won’t lie, there are still times when I want nothing more than to sleep past 6am on Saturday or Sunday, or even get 5 consecutive hours any night of the week. There are times when I am not sure how I am going to get up in the morning and make it through the day. There are times when I would love to come home from work and play Flight Simulator or something of the sort. However, those thoughts are short and fleeting. No matter how much I want or think those things the moment I look at Connor, all I want to do is hold him, play with him, or stare at him.

When I look back at the past 3 months and think of all we have gone through I can mark these three months as some of the best three months of my life. This past Christmas was the best one ever. This years Christmas/New Year trip to Disney was the best one ever. I can go down the list and it will be the same result; Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Kristin's birthday. Having my beautiful baby boy has changed my life for the better, more than I ever anticipated. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank God for what he has blessed us with and ask Him to give me the strength to lead this precious little boy in His will. I understand what I heard growing up so many times from so many adults: “Just wait until you have kids!” Well, I have one now, and I understand. Life changes, but I can honestly tell you, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Today I find myself realizing that I am the luckiest guy on this planet! Adventure and trials continue to lie ahead but I feel more energized than ever because now I know what I am working towards. A better life for my loving and amazing family!


No comments:

Post a Comment