Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Heat!

It's getting hot in here!!!

It is amazing how even though it's summer....somehow it seems even hotter! I realize that the mid to high 90s is pretty hot for the typical person, and for some crazy reason I think it feels even more hot to me. I practically want to strip the moment I walk outside. Let's be honest, even when I'm not outside I feel like my skin is too much clothing! I really think I'm a walking sauna. I think I'm a glutton for punishment because we're heading to SUNNY Orlando for a week of Disney Madness. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly looking forward to a week of fun with my whole family, but I don't think I'm going to leave our room if the sun is out. I'm going to become a pregnant vampire. I won't live on blood but I'll survive on A/C preferably set at "arctic blast". I have heard mention of pool hopping during the day, and I'm hoping they put ice cubes in the pool. I'm envisioning floating on a cold lazy river sipping some sort of virgin pina colada. That will be Disney Magic.

Speaking of magic, I'm done with school!!!!! Praise the Lord the year is over. I couldn't be any more thrilled. It has been a very interesting year filled with many new learning experiences. January brought two very tiresome things in and of themselves, the pregnancy and the play. Doing both might not have been the best idea, but I feel very accomplished by it all. It is very uncommon for middle schoolers to even give end of the year gifts, but I did get a few very sweet things, all relating to little Connor. I got a sweet little outfit, a photo album, and even a little teething toy. The most surprising gift was from a sweet group of girls in the form of a gift card. Thanks to their thoughtfulness I will be purchasing the stroller I have picked out. What an amazing end to the year. Mom pointed out that last year I got Home Depot gift cards and this year it was Babies R Us! Life is moving fast and I'm jumping right on board!

1 comment:

  1. Yea it's hot. But we'll make the best of it! I'm planning on sampling every frozen/refreshing/ice-related drink/dessert at Disney.
    Also, how about sleeping in so we can stay up late in the NOT-sunny parks art night. I'm loving the idea of extra magic hours.

    ReplyDelete