Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bouncing Baby Boy

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. ~ Psalm 127:3 from NIV

We had our "Big Appointment" this past Thursday. I couldn't sit still in my classes knowing what the afternoon was going to have in store. I was so antsy. I left school as quickly as possible and I was able to make it home and even change clothes before my 3:45pm appointment. Mom picked me up and everyone met at the doctor's office. To say that feet were tapping and fingers were twiddling while we waited is a gross understatement. I can't even tell you what we talked about. I was finally called in by the sonogram technician and she very quickly told me "Husband only." I remember looking back at the rest of my family sitting in the waiting room thinking I wanted everyone there for the unveiling. When I got into the sonogram room I explained that to the woman, and she said she would do some measurements first and then we could call in the rest of them. According to the measurements the baby was measuring 3 days bigger than what it was scheduled, which I find pretty interesting. Then she told Tim to go and get everyone else. When everyone was situated inside the room she brought up a very clear picture on the screen and announced that I was carrying a little boy. Mom wanted to know how accurate that was, and the technician told us she had never seen a little girl with what was on the screen. To say the least it was a very very very clear picture, of which I won't share on here. Tim was immediately thrilled and announced how excited he was to coach little league. I was a little more quiet trying to wrap my head around what to do with a little boy. I think I'm a little nervous about it. Boys are still a mystery to me. I hear they are easier, but I don't see how that's possible. I know girls, and bows, and clothes, and pink. I understand make-up, and hair, and mood swings. I'm going to have a lot to learn. At least I like sports! It's a little intimidating to say the least but I'm up for the task. I'm more than happy to help raise a young man in the ways of the Lord who is a true gentleman. He can be a man's man and still treat a woman like gold. We need more men like that. My prayer is that we raise him to honor God, to trust Him no matter what and to treat others with gentility, grace, and respect. I can't believe I'm having a boy! Let me introduce you to him.....

This is Connor Jacob Petersen:

Everyone sitting in the waiting room ready to be called:

After getting the big news:


Clearly everyone is thrilled!



With the soon to be grandma!:




First "boy" purchase sent by my amazing Aunt Carol. I am truly blessed, this couldn't be any more perfect or special.






1 comment: