Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting for the change

I can totally feel and see my body changing, but if you didn't know any better, the average person wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm told that a woman's second trimester is the thing worth writing sonnets about. This I can already understand. I can feel my energy returning, and I know that shortly I'll have a cute little round bump. Who wouldn't love that? Feeling good AND looking pregnant!! I'm excited for that stage. I won't lie, I totally cheated today, I might have left my top button unbuttoned on my pants. I obviously wore a shirt that wouldn't show anything and was more than long enough, but it just felt better not to button them. I did prove to myself they could be buttoned, but why deal with tighter pants all day? I feel good about my decision.

We went on a wonderful trip up to Virginia to our alma mater Liberty University. It was wonderful to visit Casey and as a bonus I also got to spend time with Hilary and Leslie. It was a WONDERFUL weekend filled with laughter. After the bevy of 7th grade pubescent attitudes that have built up in one of my classes, I was able to shake it all off and let it melt away into an enjoyable weekend with my loved ones. I must say I satisfied a multitude of cravings I've been having by visiting some of my all time, top of my list, favorite restaurants. I am happy to say I was a member of the clean plate club at every single one of them too! Now that has never happened before. I can never finish, but it was not a problem, and even sitting here now I could really go for some more Osaka's! Along with this fabulous weekend came a clever new baby name curtesy of the Hags.....Gweeseling. Since my so-sweet nickname in college was Gweese, they have decided to coin a new loving name on Dot. I think it's adorable and super fitting!

I'll be 14 weeks on Friday and I still can't believe it's already at that point. There are times I feel that it is going so slowly, and other times I feel like it's flying by. My mantra is: take it one day at a time. The light at the end of my most immediate tunnel is making it to Summer vacation. Only 34 more work days left and I will be floating daily in my pool....I know I can make it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Enjoy it one day at a time and floating in the pool is the best thing... It will take all the weight off when you get bigger... which it seems like you couldn't possibly do... tiny Kristin...get bigger???

    ReplyDelete