Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mother's Day 2.0


 I have said it before and I will say it again:
 "How is it possible that out of all of the boys in the whole world we got the best ones?"
It is one of those pinteresty sayings that Mother's of Boys flock to, but it's because it is so fitting. I consider myself extremely lucky and beyond blessed to be linked to these two wonderful human beings. The love they have for each other, and the love they so willingly give to others makes me glow with pride. Mother's Day is just one of those days that highlights the blessings I have been given.

 This was my first year participating in a school related Mother's Day activity. Connor's teacher put together a picnic for all of the mommies and we had such a nice time. I took the remainder of my leave to be able to participate and it was beyond worth it. His smile at knowing I would be there made my heart hurt for every drop off and pick up I have missed. Mommy guilt is real. The invitation also included mommy representatives and I'm glad that his Grandma who does get to do those special duties was thought of too. She came for a little bit of the picnic as well. It's interesting because the other day he referred to us as his "2 moms". That's one lucky boy!


 On Mother's Day proper I was awakened with a multitude of presents and goodies. Connor couldn't wait to get me out of bed!!! The trio came bombarding in arms full of Dandee Donuts, Starbucks, Pandora, gift certificates for massages and manicures, and kisses galore. Talk about feeling spoiled!
 Church was wonderful, and it's nice to be somewhere the whole family is at.



 We spent the evening in the pool, and it was also Caleb's first experience with it. He was amazing!!! It was incredible. He was so relaxed he ended up falling asleep on my chest in the water. My mommy heart was perfectly content. It was a pretty perfect day, Tim did a great job!


No comments:

Post a Comment