Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Picasso's Heart


Uncle Casey would be thrilled to know that I got Connor a paint set and he has loved every moment of using it. He carefully puts the brush in the water lets it sit and picks out which color he is going to pick next for his masterpiece. It may be a particular green or blue, and then back to the water so as not to mix colors. Today he was insistent upon making trees and mountains and even a lake. I thought of course he was making a treasure map since he is on a pirate kick but what he said later completely left me looking for words. When he was finished I asked him if I could put a heart on his picture and he was thrilled. Then I asked him who the painting was for. He immediately said "Grandpa". I paused and gave him a funny look because he has a "Papa", and never calls him Grandpa. Then I looked at him and asked, "Do you mean Grandpa Gary?" "Yes, mommy, and he will love it." I had to get up and walk to the kitchen for a moment. I threw away his paper towel and told Connor "Yes, Grandpa Gary would love it." To seal the moment Connor responds with "And then I will give him a kiss."

It is in the little moments that our life is made. The sweet things we say to each other, the kind words, the bits of encouragement. Connor's sweet heart never ceases to amaze me. Yes, he can be a wild boy, but he is very tender hearted and I couldn't be more proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment