Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

11 Months Old




The time has passed and the calendar keeps progressing. I keep telling myself that the date is wrong and we aren't nearing October, but alas, Connor keeps getting older and on Sunday he turned 11 months old. Sunday was surely charged with emotion for many reasons. I always love my time as vocalist in Club 252 in our Children's Department at church. I consider a great responsibility, and enjoy watching the children respond. On top of that it was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 and it is something very powerful to reflect upon especially when you consider the future of your child. He is growing up in a world very different from the one Tim and I grew up in. Each generation has new challenges to face, and I pray daily for Connor's future.

Our theme this month with our Children's department is "Knowledge" and they were able to use many of my own classroom items to decorate our stage. I love bringing Connor to rehearsals and he seems to enjoy it too. He loves loves loves music, and he will stop what he is doing when he hears it to dance and sing along. I could not be anymore thrilled with the joy that music brings him. Another favorite of Connor's is any type of ball. If he happens to spot one from across the room he will make a bee-line straight to it. Basketballs, footballs, baseballs, and much to Tim's chagrin, soccer balls as well. He knows how to throw them, spike them, and kick them. We have an athlete in the making for sure. He also has a great fascination with remote controls and cell phones. They are the surest bet to make him happy. Calling and texting people, or changing the channel are a great source of pleasure and amusement!


His walking improves with every passing day, though he tends to want to crawl if he needs to go to the middle of the room. Last week I spoke too soon with saying he had 2 molars. By the very next day we were on to molar number 3. They may be the worst teeth to break through. It has been intense, but now I'm more willing to give him food to nosh on. Boy does he love solids! Real noodles, real rice, real chicken....yum-o. Our little adventurer is still scaling things, but we see it as a positive. I feel this is reflective of his personality, of his fearlessness, of his inquisitiveness, of his determination. He is incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment