Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, March 17, 2011

YAY Disney!

'We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." ~Walt Disney

If you know us, you would know we are BIG Disney people. We love Mickey, we love Walt, and we love a good day in the parks. How can you not get excited walking down Main Street, USA? Spring has Sprung and for part of the break we took a family trip up to the parks. Connor enjoyed himself so much more this trip. He spent a lot of time in his carrier and enjoyed looking at everything! He is only 5 months old and has already been to the happiest place on Earth....twice! This trip was even better than the last trip, and I can't wait for each time in the future because it will only get better.



Connor also is an avid fan of Disney Junior, previously known as Playhouse Disney. He can be in the middle of a REM cycle and when the Special Agent Oso theme song comes on, he is wide awake! He just loves that Oso Bear! "Special Alert! Special Alert!" We can even calm him down with the song. He also loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and yes he knows the secret password. We sing the "hot dog" song to make him happy in his car seat! Oh the things we do! I do not mind looking ridiculous for the happiness of my little Connor. Let's be real, when have I ever cared if I looked ridiculous? I just have a better excuse now! Just wait until he's a teenager! ::I digress:: Recently while supervising his Oso time (not that I watch or anything) they have started running montages of Disney movie clips set to Poems that have been voiced-over by celebrities. Little did I know I would end up in tears after watching one voiced by Jennifer Gardner (it is definitely worth a youtube watch). Please enjoy:


Mother’s Song: A Traditional Lullaby

My heart is like a fountain true

That flows and flows with love to you.

As chirps the lark unto the tree

So chirps my pretty babe to me.

There’s not a rose where e’er I seek

As comely as my baby’s cheek.

There’s not a comb of honey bees

So full of sweets as babe to me.

There’s not a star that shines on high

That’s brighter than my baby’s eye.

There’s not a boat upon the sea

Can dance as baby does to me.

No silk was ever spun so fine

As is the hair of baby mine.

My baby smells more sweet to me

Than smells in spring the Elder Tree.

A little fish swims in the well

So in my heart does baby dwell.

A little flower blows on the tree

My baby is the flower to me.

Ten Thousand parks where deer do run,

Ten Thousand roses in the sun,

Ten Thousand pearls beneath the sea,

My babe more precious is to me.


3 comments:

  1. So jealous that yall live so close to Disney! It seriously is the best and happiest place on earth! We are already planning our next trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a HUGE Disney fan, i am always happy to see others WDW vacations. Especially the little ones. They get so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are enjoying Disney more than ever this year since we live close and have our passes. Wish we could have done this when Bonnie & Cindy were kids. Also, I love the 'Mother's Song' poem you posted. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete